Thursday, March 19, 2009

Still running strong!

For anyone that might take a look at the blog sometime just wanted to make a quick post in regards to what I've been up to.

Since my last post I believe I've ran four races of Marathon distance or longer beginning with what may be the last Otter Creek marathon this past December.

In January I ran my own personal ultra (26.7 on my Garmin but probably longer due to inaccuracy's) at Capitol View park here in Frankfort since I didn't have the time or money to go to an 'official' January Ultra.

February brought me back to the Louisville Lovin the Hills 50k on Valentines where I got my but kicked once again but managed to break seven hours this time.
All of the aforementioned races were ran in excellent conditions, dry and cool.

Last week I went back to Western Kentucky for another episode of the Land Between the Lakes Trail Runs. Again I signed up for the 50 miler but wound up only running 60k. The race was a mix of cool temps, overcast, rain and lots and lots of mud. Had a great time and probably could have made the 50 mile cut off but wound up calling it a day around Seven hours and 52 minutes or so. As always the folks out there put on a great race and I definitely considered it a success.

We've got a little vacation coming up in Florida next week and then it will be on to the McNaughton Park Ultras in Illinois for another 100 attempt!

Thanks for reading and will try to update more often.

2 comments:

ed said...

Welcome back! Where's the mention of the 50 in 50?

Your history at LBL sounds just like my previous 2 years! I forced myself to change this year & it was for the good.

I'm sure I'll run into you at McNaughton, unless you pass me in the dark -- hard to tell who's who on that course after the sun goes down & you're mentally & physically taxed to the max . . . looking forward to seeing you again.

Have fun in the sun!

Paige said...

Woohoo, an update! Great to see you at McNaughton, Alan!