Monday, August 3, 2009

New additions and future goals...

Just wanted to write a quick post and celebrate the newest addition to our family.
Zane Jakob Jaques was born @ 1253 on July 31st weighing in at 8lbs, 6ozs and 21 inches long.

We were all able to come home today and momma and baby are doing great!

As for running stuff I am trying to figure out how I can fit training into my growing family time without sacrificing too much sleep.

IM Louisville is now 26 days away and coming fast!

Fortunately I am able to take a nice break from work until the end of the month and some family have come down to help with the kids/baby. Really difficult to maintain focus after the stress/nervousness/excitement of having a new baby come a week earlier and then be assimilated into two other very different personalities at home.

My overall goal is still just to finish the race but would love to finish sub 14 hours. I know it's not very competitive but hey it's my first race.

Other than that I would love to lose about ten lbs prior to race day still and feel like I could go strong into a couple of post IM races in the fall and then the Bourbon Chase Marathon.

Still up in the air as to whether I can get a fall ultra in prior to the relay. While I think it would be fun my overall goal after IM is still to complete a 100 miler. I'd love to go to Inaugural Ozark Trail 100 but will just have to see what happens.

Gonna go try and get some rest now!

No comments: