Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bourbon Chase Relay

Just wanted to quickly post a couple of things about our teams recent accomplishment of finishing the innaugural Bourbon Chase Relay a couple of weeks ago.

Wanted to again thank all my team mates for having such a great attitude and persevering to the finish.

Things didn't quite go as planned as we started with six runners and quickly went down to 5 after an unexpected injury early in the race.

To make a long story short, all remaining runers wound up running around 40 miles for the duration of the event.

We finished in the dark in Lexington but we're ultimately successful in completing the task set before us.

Along the way made some great new friends and am looking forward to have a new group to go race with and hopefully pace and crew this spring for me in North Carolina.

1 comment:

laraking97 said...

Hey Jaques! Nice 'stache! What is up! Ultrarunning?! That's so cool. Hey I noticed you still have hair, good for you, lol. I also heard that you finally broke the ajax curse and got yourself married. I was really happy for you when Maria told me that! Sooo, ultrarunning? Not exactly what I would have pictured you getting into, but you always were one for the extreme and strange. Oh, by-the-by, this is Lara King, formerly known as Warren. I was doing some research on that very subject for a school project and ran across your name on this blog about a meet, looking for quotes. It's something that has fascinated me for years now, so amazing what the human body can do. Have you done many ultramarathons? Is there such a thing as an ultratriathlon? Anyway, I have 3 really cool kids now, Lily, gorgeous and almost 8, Noah, gigantic and cuddly cutie 5, and Ruby, 3, well she's like Tigger meets Dennis the Menace meets Calvin meets the Tazmanian Devil meets Hello Kitty. They're all really cool, smart, sweet kids. I could go on and on about them but I know I'm probably boring you, lol. I would love to catch up with you. You know, any kids, what your career is like, albeit a most unlikely one, lol, what your wife is like, yadda yadda, so on and so forth. I'll get back on this blog later. Okay, that so didn't sound right, but you get the gist. I hope to hear from you. Peace.

Lara