Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Training goals...

As I should be recovered from my long run on Sunday it is time to think about my goals from now until race day on November 8th. Currently my plan is to get in about 30-50 miles a week running 3-4 times a week. I'm nut much on speed work but will probably try and get a tempo run in midweek for leg turnover.

As far as long runs I plan on adding about an hour a week up until 3-4 weeks prior to the race and then taper down.

A month prior my plan if I can stick to it is to get a 12 hour night run in just to get a feel for being out all night. My ideal goal is to get 50 miles in on this run but will err towards the side of walking alot and trying to dial in hydration, food and energy.

I plan on using the days I'm at work for rest, crosstraining or some light weight, high rep strength training and core work.

No comments: